Select Color: difference between windows and Ubuntu

I have found that there is a substantial difference in Color Selection between Windows (more complete and professional) and Ubuntu. Can anything be done to make Ubuntu better?
Color Selection Wndows
Color Selection Ubuntu

The Ubuntu version is considered better by some because it is native (standard color dialog offered by OS, GNOME in this case). What you see in Windows is provided by Windows:

With that said, I came to learn that it seems our library’s (Qt6) default behavior on Windows is to use an internal dialog that closely mimic’s Windows own. Also, there is the option to disable the native dialog. We already have to disable the native file dialog on Windows due to various bugs. So, we could do the same on Linux because I too find the usability of the GNOME color dialog poor, and the KDE color dialog is basically the same as Qt’s internal.

Thank you very much for the clarifications, you are always very precise. I would like to put “solved” but I can’t find how to do it. Can it?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.