Seems not working under MacOS Big Sur

What is your operating system?

Mac OS Big Sur ( 10.16 / 11.0)

on MacBook Pro 2018, 16 GB Ram , i5 2.3 GHz, QuadCore, 250 GB SSD

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

both,
shotcut-macos-signed-201031 and
shotcut-macos-signed-201114

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

After starting Shotcut , the “wait-Circle” is spinning and “Shotcut” appears in the taskbar. The circle is spinning a while and then “Shotcut” disappears from the taskbar. The icon in the dock shows, that there should run al least one process. In the process list, there is not process shown. Choosing “show all windows” will show the message “there are no windows to show”.

No program window appears and Shotcut can closed only with a right click on the Shotcut icon in the dock and choose “close immediately”.

Is there a way to find a log file, t see, what is happened ?

Same here ! :pensive:

This is already fixed in the new 20.11.15 beta.

Hi Dan, thank you for your fast response.
As i wrote, the issue is in shotcut-macos-signed-201114, too.
Should I have to do something special to avoid this ?

If you need the crash report, I could send it via personal message or mail to you.

Kind regards,

maiemi

Look again. The Mac beta build is updated on the GitHub release page.

I can confirm this, in version 20.11.15, beta, the issue is no longer faced.

Hi, could you send me the link to the 20.11.15 beta version for mac please? I found one link in Google but its not active anymore and I cant run the program because of the new Big Sur ( 10.16 / 11.0) system

Sigh. The download page was updated last week with a big text Big Sur Users and a link.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.