Seeking Advice: Simultaneous Zoom on Multiple Video Tracks in Shotcut

Dear Shotcut Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am a beginner in video editing and have recently been working with Shotcut. I am currently facing a challenge and would greatly appreciate your guidance.

My question pertains to zooming in on two video tracks simultaneously. Specifically, my project involves a background image on the first video track and a green screen (utilizing the chroma key filter) on the second video track. My goal is to zoom in on both tracks simultaneously to maintain the desired composition.

I have attempted applying the scale filter, but it seems to only affect the second video track (green screen), leaving the background image unaffected. I understand that rendering the video and then zooming in is an option, but I am curious if there is a more direct method to achieve this while still in the editing phase.

If any experienced Shotcut users could provide guidance or share any insights on achieving a simultaneous zoom on multiple video tracks, I would be immensely grateful.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to learning from the community’s expertise.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Hi @Burger,

You can apply the Size, Position & Rotate filter to the Output of the timeline.
This way the filter will affect everything in the timeline.

1 Like

Thank you, that’s exactly what I was looking for!

1 Like