Save lost

I save the work, but when I open , the files are gone and I have to redo everything again. Does the number of key points interfere?

It is always a good idea to use save_as and select a new names, when working with larger projects
so you have backups for each part of your workflow, so you have to start from scratch if something goes wrong or you make some mistake.

Filter settings with lot of keyframes, kan be saved as presets, because there is no undo/redo when working with keyframes.

1 Like

I am kind of not understanding what’s happening, it’s a widely reported problem in shotcut, and has happened lot of times. But in the recent versions this problem has been very rare, Try to reinstall shotcut or restart your pc.

Usually that fixes the problem, but I am still not sure.

Just because it is not in “recent” does not mean it is lost. Did your look on your hard drive where you saved it?

Thanks, sorry for the delay, I’ve been busy. Do you say “SAVE AS…” whenever I stop the activity? How to save “as presets”, I don’t know how to do that yet.

Yes. I looked everywhere, it really disappeared.

Sorry for the delay in responding, I’ve been busy. Let me explain: editing a 4-minute video, several filters, several keyframes, I clicked on save (it wasn’t finished, I would continue later), I clicked on save, I named it but the bug disappeared.

1 Like

That’s really good that the bug disappeared.
I wasn’t able to recreate the problem, so I don’t have a possible solution.

But you can report if that happens again.

Btw, which version you were using?

Hi, sorry for the delay, I’ve been busy. It was the previous version to the current one, I don’t remember the numbers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.