RTL language bug in exported video

What is your operating system?

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Installiert am ‎05.‎10.‎2021
Betriebssystembuild 22000.1219
Leistung Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1219.0

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
Version 22.01.30

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
When using the video filter “Text: Simple” with a text written in a right-to-left script, the final text is written left-to-right and placed on the left side next to the text box in the exported video. Interestingly, the text is rendered correctly in the preview window. This bug affects the exported video only. Other video filters for generating text overlays, like “Text: Rich”, are not affected either. See screenshot attached.

I have searched this forum for this problem and found threads reporting a similar bug which already affects the preview window. But in my case, only the exported video is incorrect. I therefore discovered this bug very late in my project.

Is there no workaround ?

As a former developer, not a current SC developer I doubt whether this can be fixed before the end of your project. The reason is that it’s most likely really deep in the code.

Other language RTL languages would obviously be affected in the same way.

It will take the Shotcut Developers a lot of time to fix and test this. I could be wrong - but this is what my experience tells me.

The workaround is probably to use the “Text:Rich” filter instead, as the OP says that this works.