Ripple trim and drop option

Hi,

If possible I would like to see an example of the use of the option “Ripple trim and drop” that exists in the Timeline. Thank you.

Regards,
Luis Sismeiro

3 Likes

This doesn’t usually happen to me but this time it did. I found the answer myself when I accidentally left the option on while I was editing a video. I think it explains the “ripple trim” but I’m not sure it explains the “drop” part. If someone can explain that part, I will appreciate. Here goes a video with the “Ripple trim and drop” off and then on:

3 Likes

The “drop” refers to when you drag from the Playlist or Source player. If Ripple is On, then dropping a clip from either of those locations will insert the clip at the drop point instead of overwriting.

1 Like

I can say that last night while editing a video and with this option on I was faster and I better synched the video and the audio while triming the video.

For future reference here is an example when using the drop off and then on while adding a clip to the timeline:

Knowing how to use Shotcut features and options makes us more productive while editing a video. Thank you for your help.

3 Likes