Replace video fragment with another video maintaining audio

Hi!

I’m quite new using shotcut (just used a couple of times for minor editings - joining videos).

I have a question. Let’s see if I know how to express it:

I’ve one video (V1: 4 minutes length) where I’m talking about a topic.

On the other hand I’ve two small videos (V2: 10 secs and V3: 15 secs). No audio.

What I want is, in some specific parts of the video 1, replace the “video” and insert V2 (from minute 3:00 to 3:10). And the same with video 2 (from 3:15 to 3:30). But always maintaining the audio in video 1.

How can I achieve that?

thanks!

With your main video clip on the first video track which is called V1, add a new video track (which will literally be called V2 :grin:) and place your two small videos where you want them. You can add video tracks by clicking on the timeline menu which is the button with the 3 lines all the way to the left of the timeline toolbar. The shortcut key is Ctrl+I and for adding audio tracks it’s Ctrl+U.

By the way, I recommend that you click on “Tutorials” on the top of this page and watch the videos there to get a more rounded grasp of how Shotcut works. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.