Rendering takes forever

Hello!
I just recently downloaded Shotcut, and made my first film. But when I tried exporting it, it took almost 2 hours for a 10 minute clip in 60 fps and 1080p to get rendered?

Am I doing somethihng wrong? I’ve checked with tutorials and followed them, but the process doesnt seem to speed up.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks!

Can you tell me your system specifications? I personally believe your CPU has a lot to do with rendering time. If it is a lower end CPU it will take longer. Higher end, it’s faster.

Based upon hardware, especially any drive not SSD/NVME will take considerable longer. CPU speed, amount of ram, to what you have running in the background.

If you’re using a computer with just one HDD (Hard Disk Drive) this will dramatically slow down performance.

Best performance is to restart your computer, turn off all anti-virus, no other windows/programs open, then export. Don’t touch your computer until it’s done exporting. This means no watching Netflix/YouTube on your computer while you wait.

All rendering takes time, and based upon how many transitions, filters, etc… it may take even longer.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.