Random postponement of every clip in project

What is your operating system?
Windows 7 -64 bit

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?
Shotcut-Version 20.04.12

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)

I have added one MLT file as a clip into my main project which has over 20 clips and audios in it. Shortly after that, randomly every clip in my main project was postponed for exactly 3 seconds.
For example:
My clip is at the exact same position in the project. Before the random shift, a clip showed the Video from its 3rd to its 6th second. Now it shows the video from its 6th to its 9th second. And this problem goes with every clip.
I just hope you can help me fixing it. After 30 hours of editing it was a really devastating moment for me.
I tried to undo everything or find autosaves but without sucess. There are no autosaves.
Best regards

Can you show a screenshot of the clip(s) you’re talking about, with full view of the timeline. Select the clip and open the filters panel.

Is there any steps we can follow to duplicate the issue you’re having?

Latest version of Shotcut is 20.07.11

Sure thing. Here is the screen. I updated shotcut to the latest version but nothing changed.
As I’ve said i opened a MLT File as a video and suddenly every clip shifted for 3 seconds.
I think im gonna shift every video back manually. Is there any key-command for shifting video clips? Maybe a command where I can select every clip and shift them for 3 seconds. Or do I have to drag every clip and shift them with my mouse.

I have to correct myself. I see now that all videos just shifted randomly not exactly for 3 seconds but just randomly. I saw another post here of someone who had the same issue. Why is something like this happening?

Its just so devastating.

On V1 you have a gap.
Right click on the gap and “Remove”
2020-08-09_12-22-35

The user in the post you listed stated it was because they changed their Video Mode and FPS value. They knew the reason why, but didn’t know how to correct the situation.

Trimming is a lot different than postponement.

First of all I have to thank you for the help.
I think I didnt express myself correctly. My problem is also a trimming problem. The gap is delibarate. So thats not the problem. The clips are all at the correct position. The clips themselves are shifted .

I never experienced this and unable to reproduce it. Perhaps you did something that had an effect that you did not expect but is normal by design.

Alright I think I have to live with it then. But thanks for the help anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.