Qt 6 Support

Have you reviewed and weighed in on the Qt 6 Multimedia plans? https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-73677
I am a sales engineer for The Qt Company, and also a Shotcut user. I just want to make sure your needs are considered! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out. We are working on Qt 6 compatibility (next release completes migration to Quick Controls 2, C++ and build deprecations addressed in branches), but there are no plans or desire to make our multimedia engine go through Qt. We do use Qt Core, Gui, Image, etc within the engine. I think our multimedia needs are too demanding for your use cases, and we also choose not to depend on OS-provided multimedia frameworks for codecs and muxers. Mostly we are consumed with fulfilling our increasing multimedia demands (e.g. 10-bit video, HDR, GPGPU, motion tracking, etc.)

There is a very good chance we will switch our audio playback from SDL to Qt, and I am confident you will have that covered. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.