Pulling On The Left Side Of A Transition Clip Can Mess Up And Erase All Keyframes

I reported this on the beta thread for 22.09 but since it was decided that the bug would not be fixed for the release of v.22.09.23 I’ll make a separate thread for this bug. This is a pretty big bug as it will mess up and even erase all the keyframes set on a clip if you create or extend a transition by pulling on the left side of a transition clip. The only way to avoid this is to literally not ever pull on the left side of a transition clip to make a transition clip longer or ever create a transition by pulling on the left side of the clip with keyframes.

• Apply a filter with keyframes and add some keyframes either in the middle or towards the end of the clip. Split the clip on the left side and make a transition by dragging the left end over the clip on the left side. The keyframes will be moved all the way down and can even end up being erased. Demo.

Thanks for copying it over to the category for easier tracking.

I updated the issue when a fix was applied to the beta for v.22.10 here explaining that the problem was not eliminated. There was then a fix applied after me reporting that.

Well, I tested the fix that was to v22.10.25 and can report that it too does not eliminate the problem. All you have to do is another round and the issue comes back again. In this demo, I do the same as before except that after I undo I again pull on the left side to make a transition clip and once again the keyframes are erased.