Proxy editing reopened project

What is your operating system?
Windows 10 Home

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
I opened a large project (30+ minutes, not very complicated), which I used proxy editing in after I rendered it once and the performance became horrible. Not just while scrubbing, the entire program became unusable. Even when I hover above a button, it doesn’t do anything for 10-15 seconds. But it’s still using the proxies, or at least seems to. Task manager says it’s consuming a lot of memory and even that it’s not responding sometimes. Also different projects don’t do this when loaded. And also it’s not the specs, I have a 9th Gen Core i5 and a GTX 1650. Thanks in advance

They are good enough to edit 30+ minute file, But what about the ram? I think the problem is low ram, Maybe you have 4gb ram that is why this is happening.

Well first of all I have 8 Gigs and second of all, it worked flawlessly before I rendered it. I suppose it may be something with the proxies being swapped with the real thing, but the names of the video files still have (Proxy) in it

8 GB of installed RAM is not very much, and it does not mean you have 8 GB free. Reboot, start Shotcut and nothing else, and open the project. Give it a little time to load and update thumbnails and waveforms. Now how is it?

Oh ok, I guess rebooting fixed it. Thanks very much

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.