I have a teacher here who is using shotcut for a class project. When they added a source video, they added it directly from the camera (plugged in to the computer via USB) instead of first copying the video to a local drive and then adding it. Now he cannot unplug the camera, or it gives him an error that the file is unavailable. We tried doing a “save as” on the project, but it still references the original file located on the camera. How can we fix this? He has done 2 days of editing on this project and doesn’t want to lose it. Thank you!
- Copy the file from the camera to disk.
- Then open the MLT file you saved.
- When it says that the file is unavailable, double-click the filename.
- This will bring up a dialog to find the file.
- Navigate to the disk file copy and “open” that file. then click OK.
P.S. Make a copy of the MLT file before you do this - just in case.
Thank you for your assistance!
No problem, I’m sure one of the other forum users would have got round to helping you had I not got there first.