Problem with synchronicity with MP3 audio

I always add a separate better quality audio to my videos. When I use an MP3 file it slowly goes out of sync with the picture. If I use the Wav file it stays in perfect synchrony.

The problem with a Wav file is that the whole video becomes a very large file. I’m not interested in having that high quality of audio.

Is there a way that I can do it with an MP3 file and it stays in synchrony.
Or is there a way that I can do it with a Wav file and then somehow downgrade the quality of the audio to MP3 level.
I don’t want to downgrade the level of the picture though at the same time.

I’m recording the sound onto a free platform called audacity could that also be the problem?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

WAV is format that’s really made for editing not archiving. FLAC files are made for archiving since like WAV they are also lossless but are compressed so they are smaller in size than WAV files. Try to export your finished audio as FLAC as a test to see if they have sizes that are agreeable to you.

In that last released version in June, a feature called Align To Reference Track was introduced that attempts to not only sync audio files together but also has an additional feature of determining audio drifts and can attempt to make speed adjustments to keep it in sync. Here’s more info on the feature:

Thank you that is perfect

On the audacity recording platform it has the option to export MP3, wav, and OGG. Will OGG work okay?
Do you know another open source platform that does have FLAC.

2022-09-19_11-09-04
Select FLAC where it says “Save as type”
Audacity_2022-09-19_11-08-46

Thank you so much for showing me how to do that :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.