Problem with Speed: Forward & Reverse

Problem with TimeWarp. If I add a TimeWarp filter to a clip, I get a temporal shift every time I view the clip. It is not possible to work with this filter in this way.
Please help me in this matter

Time Remap filters is hard to work with, read the documentation

Ex.
having a 10s (30fps = 300 frames) clip and using at time remap filter and change the speed to 5x, the effective speed will be 150fps and you will run out of frames efter 2s, but the clip will still play for 10s. so you get 8s with no moving frames.

It can be easier to split the clip in multiple sections and use the properties to change the speed, because it wil change the lenght of the clip.

Thanks for your report. This is fixed for the next release. I do not have a good work-around to suggest except to use the Time Remap filter or make many splice and speed change clips as @TimLau suggested.

Note: I updated the subject of this post since this bug is for the “Speed: Forward & Reverse” filter and not the “Time Remap” filter.

Thanks for the answer.
I understand the principle of operation of the filter you wrote about:

having a 10s (30fps = 300 frames) clip and using at time remap filter and change the speed to 5x, the effective speed will be 150fps and you will run out of frames efter 2s, but the clip will still play for 10s. so you get 8s with no moving frames.

However, the point is not that after applying the filter, the clip will still play without moving frames, because it is obvious. The problem is this: see in my video from 0:50 minute that after applying the filter, I rewind the video several times several times, and in the clip where the filter is applied, the video image jumps to a different place each time.

This is the good solution I’ve used so far:

It can be easier to split the clip in multiple sections and use the properties to change the speed, because it wil change the lenght of the clip.

However, the filter Speed: Forward & Reverse offers powerful new possibilities if it works properly

Yes. I reproduced the problem. That is the bug I fixed for the next release. You can achieve the same effect with the TimeRemap filter.

Hello.
The filter is still not working properly. On the project in Shotcut, the filter works fine (1), but after exporting the project to mp4, it is no longer correct (2).

It is possible that your usage of proxy is masking a problem in the ability to seek on the source media file. If you turn off proxy, open this source media file, put it on the timeline, and add the speed filter does Shotcut give you a warning like this?

In the documentation linked above, under Limitations it says:

A proxy clip can mask the above check for B-frames and then export may be very slow or give bad results. However, it may also be a very convenient workaround for the check and dialog mentioned above if you are patient and confident to troubleshoot and fix problem areas upon export.

Update: nevermind about proxy, I see you applied this to a GoPro video, which does not have B-frames and generally seeks well. With that said, I tried to reproduce this but did not.

Thanks for the quick reply.
The proxy was actually the problem for me. The solution is to work on a proxy, and after finishing the project, turn off the proxy storage, run the project again without the proxy, and export the finished project, on the original files, to mp4. And then the filter works properly.

Thanks

Unfortunately, however, the problem persists. It’s probably related to the proxy.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.