Problem Sound and image editing

Hello, when I edit 5 videos on 5 different tracks of 2 minutes each (I make music), at the reading, sound and images are jerky, difficult to make a correct editing, on the other hand, when I put it online, it’s very good. Is this normal? Is my material too weak ?
this is my material, it may be very light.Capture d’écran 2020-05-09 à 18.25.40

What version number of Shotcut are you using?

How much RAM does your computer have?

this is the latest version 20.04.12
it has 4 G0

If you are editing HD footage than 4 gigs of RAM is too low.

Here are the listed minimum system requirements for Shotcut from the FAQ of the website: https://shotcut.org/FAQ/#what-are-the-minimum-system-requirements

You can try using the Preview Scaling feature which is found under settings. That helps reduce lag that may occur when using filters but it may not be enough if you have that little amount of RAM.

There is a proxy feature that is planned for Shotcut that would be great for users with low end computers but there is no definite date of debut. A forum member did make an unofficial proxy tool here but unfortunately it’s only for Windows not MacOS: https://forum.shotcut.org/t/shotcut-proxy-videos-auto-creation-auto-replace-tool-for-fast-smooth-editing/14519

merci beaucoup de votre réponse, je pense que mon matériel est léger, je vais investir pour un materiel plus récent, je vais voir la FAQ, bonne soiree

thank you very much for your answer, I think my equipment is light, I will invest for a more recent equipment, I’ll see the FAQ, good evening

You’re welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

Because the proxy tool I recommended above is only for Windows and you are on a Mac, watch this video tutorial that shows you how to do a proxy workflow on Shotcut manually:

If you use it with the Preview Scaling feature then it should give you very smooth editing.

thank you very much, I will install handbrake, thank you for this tutorial which is well explained.
Have a nice day.

Hello, I tested with handbrake, it’s much better, I set the conversion to 480/30, it’s much smoother. Thank you and have a nice day.

Better to use same resolution as Preview Scaling in Shotcut: 360, 540, or 720.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.