Problem about Size & Position keyframe in the latest update

What is your operating system?
Windows 10 64bit

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
When I apply “Size, Position & Rotate” video filter and add some keyframes of the size & position, it seem like that the first keyframe was locked in 00.00.00.01 frame, even if I click the “Use keyframe for this parameter” button in other frames. And then when I try to add and edit other keyframes, I was editing the first keyframe instead of the others.

This problem didn’t happened in the keyframe of rotation, only size & position.

I can confirm. All keyframes are bound for the first keyframe of the clip.

Other bugs:

• Can’t scroll wheel up/down to set keyframe in position numbers.
  • Playhead can be elsewhere than the first frame of clip, activated keyframes always inserts the value at the first frame of the clip.
  • Deleting the keyframe in the first frame, will reinsert itself after deleting it, and attempting to place one somewhere else.
  • VUI is out of sync.
    shotcut_2022-04-24_05-55-17

Thanks for the report and testing on this. This is a pretty major regression and we might need to issue a re-release.

I think I have found the problem, and it could affect any filter that uses the rectangle VUI and keyframes. Would anyone be willing to test all the filters that use the rectangle VUI and report back which ones are broken?

• Crop: Rectangle
  • GPS Text
  • Spot Remover
  • Text: Rich
  • Text: Simple
  • Timer
  • Open Other - Text

Thanks for the additional testing. This is fixed for the next release.

1 Like

It looks like a file is missing from the commit:

/src/qml/filters/gradient/ui.qml

Line Before After
102 filter.set(rectProperty, rect, 1.0, position) filter.set(rectProperty, rect, position)

This solves the problem of not being able to change the rect of the start simple keyframe through the filters dock.

Great catch! Thanks. I have fixed that one. Let me know if you see any others - but I’m pretty sure we got them all.