Sorry about my english.
Let me try to explain.
I tested one video of mine in avidemux and in shotcut.
In avidemux I imported the video, changed to encode it, selected the default mpeg4 avc codec, with these settings:
- preset: veryfast
- profile: high
- IDC level: 4.1
- fast first pass
- encoding mode: constant rate factor (single pass)
- rate quality: 22
- full range samples option checked (so i end up with a video with the same colors as the original)
- audio AAC 160kbps stereo 48hz
The video has 30 minutes, and is 1080p 30fps.
this was done in about 45minutes to encode with avidemux.
Here are the configs i used in shotcut with the same video:
- preset: H.264 High Profile
- res 1080p
- 30fps constant
- color range (full jpeg to keep the same colors as the original video)
- deinterlace: YADIF - temporal + spatial
- interpolation: bilinear
- coder: libx264
- rate control: quality based vbr
- crf: 22 / 56%
- gop: 125 (default)
- b frames: 3 (same as avidemux)
- audio (same as avidemux)
with these settings i ended up with an video with almost the same quality and size as the one produced in avidemux, but it takes a lot more do be done, about 1 our and half.
here are my questions:
does anyone knows how to keep the quality but reducing the time to encode in shotcut?
is that possible to use the same presets used in avidemux, in shotcut?
is it possible to use constant rate factor (single pass) in shotcut? i dont see this option anywhere.
sorry guys about all these questions. im new. if anyone can help, please…