Possible to Make à Generic

Hello,
Is it possible to make a generic ?
Thanks

Generic what?

What is the name of the text that scrolls at the end of a film?
That’s what I want to do.
I do not know if we can do it with Shotcut.

‘Credits’

And no, you can’t do this with Shotcut.
I tried once using the HTML filter and the tag, but it’s a deprecated tag and failed to work.
You can installed DaVinci Resolve which has scrolling text feature.

i created a credits roll one frame at a time…loaded it all into shotcut and had the program put it all together as an .mp4…it worked, but i still need to work on the technique, it displayed kinda choppy with every frame pausing for a couple of seconds before advancing to the next one…fortunately i saved all of my .png’s so i can give it another go…any one have any tips on how to straighten this out? i’d really like to create a smoother running outro.

ok, i think i may have come up with a solution, it kinda involves a variant of the old school claymation technique. lemme explain.
i first created my blackscreen and saved it as a .png in MSPaint…next, i created a second blackscreen with a good deal of the text that will appear in my ending credits reel, inverted the black and white and saved it as a transparency…scrolled the transparency up the original blackscreen at a rate that seemed appropriate saving each individual frame as a .png asi went along…after 100 frames, i decided to test out my experiment…i loaded each individual frame into the timeline and exported the whole thing as an .mp4…the result scrolled as expected, however it would pause for about two or so seconds every frame…which was annoying…i clicked the timeline to select the whole clip then clicked the properties tab and at the top of the dialog there is a place to change the speed of the clip…the highest number you can enter is 20.00x…then i clicked the clip again so the new properties would take…the result was better…so…i exported again re-titling the .mp4 and loaded the new file…went back and sped it up another 20x…the result was fairly smooth, however it flew by really fast which brings me back to why i mentioned the claymation technique…i’ll be experimenting with all of my previous frames that i spent a few hours creating…except this time adding additional frames and then replicating the process…i’ll let you know how it turns out.

There is a free program called Blender. You can create a text object and key frame it’s position. to create a scrolling effect. There are unlimited possibilities for titling using particle effects, fracturing, dissolving and many others. Basic scrolling can be learned and done in a few minutes. You can animate lighting, colors and just about anything in Blender. Use a transparent background by checking “transparent” in the film section of the render tab. Then import your clip or image sequnece to Shotcut. Many, many tutorials out there on how to do it. Until Shotcut develops that feature, you have to improvise and Blender is totally free. If you want killer titles, Blender will do it.

ok, i found a solution, check it out… i had created 284 individual frames in ms paint, (which equates to about 30 seconds of video), by moving the text up 5 pixels at a time to create a fairly smooth transition between frames, (you can adjust that depending on how fast you want your text to scroll, within reason of course). now here is the trick… i selected the first frame in the playlist and opened properties…in the dialog there is a feature called, “duration”. by default Shotcut will display each image for four seconds. nice if you are wanting to create a series of static images that display individually over time, (so forget all that felgercarb i wrote previously about changing the speed in properties, it worked, but nowhere near as nice), however that is way too long for what i wanted to accomplish so i reduced the duration to .01 seconds…put a check in the image sequence box and go back to playlist…right click the first frame and click, “go to”, from the sub-menu. the preview window will populate and you will have a numbered sequence at the bottom of each frame. click play to check your work, if it passes muster then export it as an .mp4, (or whatever format you like), then enjoy…creating each individual frame in ms paint was time consuming, (almost 300 frames took most of the day). Shotcut put it all together in a fraction of the time…just sharing the wealth, enjoy. by the by, i should have the tutorial posted on youtube shortly.

Wow, that’s dedication :smiley:
I’ve used Xara Designer Pro’s animation tool in the past for scrolling credits, it can export as .avi which is then placed as an overlay track in Shotcut.
But as DaVinci Resolve does this easily and is free…

thanks steve…i just played with the program until i got the desired results. now that i have a decent outro, time to replicate the process for an into…which i have conceptualized…now i’m playing with the resizing feature…it’s a chore so far, but i can pull this off i’m sure. kinda having fun doing this old school…three minutes is gonna be like 1800 frames, but i feel good about this project…i’ll let you know how it goes. i’m just hoping pcess_pcess reads it…thanks again. on a side-note…the previous version of Shotcut would not handle the full volume of the images i was importing…so basically i halved the number of frames and put it all together in two parts. davinci resolve…i’ll look that up, thanks again for the heads up.

You can use also html5 with the tag marquee, you have many samples for that.
http://www.fillster.com/htmlcodes/marquees.html
The result with shotcut https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8q2e2RSrtOxQUpKdEZXQk93Mzg/view?usp=sharing

I already saw that.
Is there a way to make it smoother?

And something like that could be more efficient ?
https://codepen.io/oknoblich/pen/vfJxr

How about using MS Office Powerpoint to create the effect, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DZsWm-93Ns

Ps, I’ve not tried it myself.

So I tried it myself and it works great. You can save a Powerpoint presentation as a video in WMV format which imports fine in Shotcut. You set the background of the presentation to green and use the Chroma Key filter to make it transparent in Shotcut.
However there is a caveat: the Powerpoint credits animation has a size limitation. Luckily there are some ways to work around this limitation. See:
https://blogs.msmvps.com/tohlz/2007/03/14/imcomplete-credits-animation/
http://billdilworth.mvps.org/Long_Lists.htm

I hope these tips help to create nice credits.

Cool, but not everyone has Powerpoint.

Can be done via google slide then capture screen with a dedicated tool but I find it not smooth enough…
Is it really smooth with PPT?

And I could not make the Movies credits (code Pen) on Shotcut. Maybe I did something wrong?
@Steve_Ledger did you try?

No, not really interested to. I have what I need sorted.

OK no problem.
My machine is too weak to add DVR on it. It already have plenty of stuff on it and will lack power.

I might have mentioned previously that DVR runs better than Shotcut on my machine, which is 10 years old.
In any case, for quick credits I also use Windows MovieMaker’s credit editor (lot’s of animation options).
You can still find WMM online. It installs and works fine on Windows 10Pro 64bit