.Png and .Tif files with alpha channel doesn't work

Works fine in April version.

I had the same issue. So I tried creating a new project, and everything works as itā€™s supposed to. I tried to look through the mlt files, but could not find any clear differences (today is the first time Iā€™m looking at an mlt file, so I might be missing something).

I run Win 10 64, with 16 gig RAM, and a GTX 1060, both projects used the same clip, and I have more than 9 gig free, so I donā€™t think this is a performance issue.

i had the same issue too and was doing inkscape svg or png if i remember correctly, but gave up and used the text filter instead when i was editing some videos some months back

what are we suposed to use to get non-buggy/glicky transperant alpha images to work?, most people will use inkscape due to its open source nature

people, post all your png/tif transparent alpha image to get others to test

Never used it. So I just downloaded the latest version and created a PNG bitmap with alpha transparency.
Works fine in Shotcut.

okey then either inkscape or shotcut has fixed the issue in the last months, thanks for checking :slight_smile:

I checked in April and May version of Shotcut. Same result :slight_smile:

It seems not totally fixed.

I had a problem on my last project
Export stopped.
I had to erase png with text on it and it exports OK.
Not sure it can be related to something else (the other layer had ā€œstabiliseā€ filter On for ex).

Will dig it this end of week.

Same here, I have the latest version of Shotcut and tried working with pngs exported from GIMP and pixlr.com. Either works :frowning:

I had the same problemā€¦i just solved it by updating shotcut to the latest version!
Hope you solves it too!

Grrr, still the same for me on a brand new project.

It exported OK, but some clips show a white image now (in the exported video and in shocut tooā€¦)
Canā€™t find why.
Some clips are with stabilisation, one has a png on it, but it canā€™t be the only problem hereā€¦
Weired.

Does anyone have a solution? Since I donā€™t think this bug will be fixed by saturday - and I need my video then - what do you do for troubleshooting? Exporting a video from shortcut, importing into another program and putting the images there?

Post your alpha channel images here for testing please.

I had the same issue.
Figured out that track V1 AND V2 had compositing enabled.
Fixed this by having V1 with compositing enabled and V2 disabled.
Maybe this will help.