Plugins for 360 Video

Unless the Windows Store version works different.
The plugins should be copied to the Shotcut install location.

The folders containing the ui and meta files should be copied to:
\Shotcut\share\shotcut\qml\filters

The bigsh0t dlls should be copied to:
\Shotcut\lib\frei0r-1

1 Like

The store app is a signed, sealed, protected installation managed by the store packager and manager. We might be able to some day add the ability to look in the App Data folder for plugins, but I am not certain a store app will load code dynamically from outside its confined install folder hidden on the hard drive. I think you can see that location in View > Application Log. Then, you can try to add the files and see what happens if you can gain write access to it.

Thanks, that’s what I figured. To my knowledge there is still no way to gain write access to subfolders in the WindowsApps packages. Though I did find the folders, I can’t paste in the dlls and there seems to be no access to this even with permissions changed to full.
For what it’s worth, I would love for all Shotcut versions including the “official Windows Store version” to come with similar 360 support because these are great tools.

I am working to integrate these plugins directly into Shotcut releases. Version 20.06 beta is very unlikely but perhaps the release. I have to make some small changes. I will submit a pull request to fix compatibility with MacPorts’ libomp on macOS since our build agent uses that. Also, I plan to pull the generated UI QML files into Shotcut’s codebase so they can be translated. Lastly, I will also be prefacing every filter with “360:” to group them together.

Further down the road, I will add support for viewing equirectangular through a scrolling viewport and detecting equirectangular metadata (already working in the engine).

2 Likes

done

pull the generated UI QML files into Shotcut’s codebase

done and I fixed the UI height issues with these.

2 Likes

I don’t know what happened here. I don’t have to add the clip to the timeline or anything. The FUD comes up when the analyze checkbox is checked.

How do you intend to do this? I have a 2.2 release in development with the UI fixes, and an additional “clip offset” parameter to the stabilize 360 filter so you can cut a stabilized 360 sequence and not have to re-analyze.

Should I push this to bitbucket and you take the source from there, or? Bigsh0t is theoretically independent of Shotcut (being frei0r), but practically not, so moving it to GitHub & MLT would make sense.

I recommend to continue to maintain your frei0r code in BitBucket, and I will make the build pick it from there. Then, send UI changes to the Shotcut GitHub project. You can either use a Pull Request if you want to fork the shotcut repo on GitHub, or you can file a GitHub issue and either refer to a corresponding commit on your BitBucket repo or include a short diff or replacement files. Not only did I fix height issues but also put “360:” in front of the filter names and changed keyframe parameter names to be consistent with filter UI and have spaces.

2 Likes

Actually I don’t know what happened either… I just realized that since having that issue the first time, I have not needed to add the clips to the timeline. Maybe it was a fluke.

I don’t know if it got noticed but I think the docs should be updated to include a bitrate parameter. Also is this thread an appropriate place to have this discussion? :heart:

Bigsh0t has been updated to 2.2. A single new feature: it is not possible to share the stabilization data over several clips in the timeline, so you can stabilize a full clip and then cut and trim it without having to re-stabilize. (See the “Start Offset” parameter.)

(Also, the main branch is from now on “main” in line with GitHub.)

https://bitbucket.org/leo_sutic/bigsh0t/src/main/

Shotcut has its own version of the UI QML files where there are improvements and translations. We can no longer use the generated QML. (The main point of me choosing QML for these UIs was to avoid generated UIs.) Anyways, do you want to update ours, or do you require me to do the work?

@Leo_Sutic I have updated the Shotuct UIs for bigsh0t 2.2 and 2.3 for the next version 20.11

Documentation for these filters has been added to the official Shotcut documentation.

Hi Folks. Is there a way to use this on a single fisheye for 180 degree VR? Well I suppose I could concatenate the frame with a black rectangle of the same size and convert it as if it is 360. But is there a way to fiddle with the hemispherical to equirectangular filter to make it work with a single fish eye video? Thanks!

ffmpeg v360 filter have support for both.

Ah great, thank you!

Thanks for the great plugin. I have a question regarding transforming equirectangular to rectilinear to equirectangular. I wonder if I do it right. My goal is to manipulate images in the rectilinear space so that it’s less distorted, and then warp it back to equirectangular space.

These are my process:

1. equirectangular to rectilinear (FOV change from 90 to 125, and pitch/yaw/roll) -> Export
  2. rectilinear to equirectangular. But I can’t change the horizontal FOV from 90 to 125 for the rectilinear (it automatically revert back to 90)
  3. Transform (reverse the original pitch/yaw/roll) -> Export

How do I properly change the FOV from 125 to 90 for the rectilinear image so that image looks more zoom in after transform?

Thanks.

Sorry for extremely late reply. Had to put Bigsh0t on the back burner a bit. To answer your question: I’ll do the work.

If the FOV sliders revert then I think there might be some bug in the UI files. Your workflow is correct.

2 Likes