Please test the Release Candidate for version 22.06!

Start a new project. Bring any a video or audio only file to the Source tab. Add an audio track (A1) not a video track. Bring the clip from the Source tab onto the A1 on the timeline. Save it as an mlt project file. Start Shotcut again. If you try to open the mlt file through Open File Shotcut will crash. If you try to drag the mlt file to the Shotcut program Shotcut won’t crash but the project will not load.

fixed

The Mask: Draw (Glaxnimate) filter’s New… button isn’t working well under certain circumstances.

1. Open a video file.
  2. Drag and drop it to the timeline.
  3. Apply a Mask: Draw filter to the clip.
  4. Click New… in the filter dock.
  5. In the New Animation File dialog, select an existing rawr file to overwrite it.
  6. An overwrite warning dialog shows up. Click Yes.
  7. Glaxnimate launches, but the opened file has an extension that looks like .rawr.rawr

I can make it work if I type in a file name without an extension. But if I type in something like a.rawr, Glaxnimate opens a.rawr.rawr.

Tested on Windows.
Tested with nightly 2022.06.13.

fixed

I think /qml/filters/mask_glaxnimate/ui.qml needs shapeFile.url = filename restored at line 86. Otherwise, after a user types in a file name without an extension, a correct file will be created but an incorrect file string will be passed to Glaxnimate when it launches.