Please test the Release Candidate for version 22.06!

Just one question.

Where can people go for help / support / discussions about Glaxnimate?

• Unless I’m mistaken, there is no Glaxnimate Forum. (I don’t think the Report Issues site count as a forum)

• The entire User Manual fits on one, short single page.

• Almost no tutorials available. I think I found 2 on YouTube. One is showing how to change the UI theme…

No doubt these problems will fix themselves over time. But Glaxnimate is available right now under the hood of Shotcut’s new release. People will have questions.

I’m curious, is Align To Reference Track a feature that could have slice threading or anything equivalent applied to it?

Slice threading does not apply. But each clip is processed in a separate thread.

That’s not correct. There are links and you need to look around the site menu more. People can use this forum to discuss it, but bugs outside the integration will not be tracked and addressed directly here. People will be referred to its bug tracker. I know someone working on a video tutorial, but it will not be comprehensive. This is an opportunity for many external tutorial makers.

This has got to be an integration problem.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Lanuch Shotcut.
  2. Open Other > Animation (Glaxnimate) > OK > OK.
  3. In Glaxnimate, put some shapes in, save, and quit Glaxnimte.
  4. Go to the Properties dock and click Edit…
  5. Use the Select tool in Glaxnimate to move one of the shapes.
  6. The shape is duplicated and one of them can’t be moved.
    Final

A workaround is to put some video on V1 in the timeline, create track V2, drag animation.rawr into V2, go to the Properties tab and click Edit…

Open this MLT file in the release candidate
test_SPR_Mask-Simple-Shape.mlt (5.6 KB)

• Deactivate the Mask filter > Press Play > Look at the Preview
  • Rewind
  • Activate the Mask filter > Press Play > Look at preview

See a difference?

Runs perfectly in 22.04.25

Did I heard roto… Yey! Finally it’s here.

Fixed. There will only be preview in glaxnimate when using the timeline.

Fixed

The Edit… button is working well now in nightly 2022.06.09 if animation.rawr is in the Source tab.

But I’m still getting the same problem if animation.rawr is on the V1 track on the timeline.
Only when I put it on V2 or above, I can edit it normally in Glaxnimate through the Edit… button.

Fixed as well as a related issue with Mask: Draw.

Every time I try to bring in this json file into Shotcut, either by directly dragging it into the timeline or through Open File, the program crashes.

I am not going to debug it at this time.

From the release notes:

Some Lottie animations make export fail. The one that I have a problem with shows warnings upon opening in Glaxnimate.

Yes but this isn’t an export fail. It crashes Shotcut when you simply try to bring it in.

Is there some kind of warning dialog that can come up telling the user that at this time this kind of json file is not compatible with Shotcut/Glaxnimate to avoid the crash until that can be debugged?

It was not crashing for me on Linux where I was working. It is on Windows and basically the same as this Windows specific bug:

Except this crash happens even at display scale 100%. In any case, yes, I can add a quick test of the file based on its extension in a melt child process. There will not be a dialog. It will do like it does with other unsupported files today: a failed to open message in the status area.

Trying to export frames. (OS = Windows 10)

Shotcut 22.06.07 propose the export path as a file name.
jsTSF3Akd3

File name is declared not valid when clicking Save

shotcut_Il7rAZKcO7

fixed

Start a new project. Bring any a video or audio only file to the Source tab. Add an audio track (A1) not a video track. Bring the clip from the Source tab onto the A1 on the timeline. Save it as an mlt project file. Start Shotcut again. If you try to open the mlt file through Open File Shotcut will crash. If you try to drag the mlt file to the Shotcut program Shotcut won’t crash but the project will not load.

fixed

The Mask: Draw (Glaxnimate) filter’s New… button isn’t working well under certain circumstances.

1. Open a video file.
  2. Drag and drop it to the timeline.
  3. Apply a Mask: Draw filter to the clip.
  4. Click New… in the filter dock.
  5. In the New Animation File dialog, select an existing rawr file to overwrite it.
  6. An overwrite warning dialog shows up. Click Yes.
  7. Glaxnimate launches, but the opened file has an extension that looks like .rawr.rawr

I can make it work if I type in a file name without an extension. But if I type in something like a.rawr, Glaxnimate opens a.rawr.rawr.

Tested on Windows.
Tested with nightly 2022.06.13.