Please do not remove Text: HTML

Just installed new version 20.07.11 and noting with relieve, the Text:HTML filter is still there… :relieved:

Yes indeed - as I understand it, 20.07.11 is a relatively minor upgrade compared to the upgrade to 20.06 so the Text:HTML filter isn’t taken off … yet… hurray!! :smile: :smile:

@jonray That’s it, exactly. And I think, every little upgrade without taking the filter off is a good upgrade, isn’t it? And real cause for real joy… :joy: :wink:

Hello!

Due to the insurmountable problem of removing the TEXT: HTML filter, a plausible solution had to be found.

I am facing the problem of displaying a lot of text for an educational audience in a training video. Unfortunately, manual adjustment of each word in this situation is categorically unacceptable.

Many are familiar with the free OBS broadcast program. In addition to broadcasting, it allows you to record video and create a scene with HTML code display. Also allows you to write your own CSS.

You can create HTML, play it, and record it as a separate video file with a key background. You can then add this video to your wonderful video.

I would be glad if this turns out to be a window of opportunity after unrelenting removal of the Text: HTML filter.

Here is a link to the HTML/CSS supported in the Rich Text filter.

You do not need Text: HTML for that.

Yes. But I need smooth text scrolling from bottom to top or news line effect. Including the desired and other interesting effects for animating text transitions between scenes.

HTML dramatically reduces the amount of manual work typically associated with keyframes.

But I am ready to accept another proposal from the existing set of filters for the design of animated text.

Text: Rich does that.

Including the desired and other interesting effects for animating text transitions between scenes.

That is vague, but Shotcut is limited and especially as an animation program. HTML does not help much with that unless you can program. You can use OBS if you want for that. I suggest people look for an animation program that provides a visual authoring environment. We will probably increase our text capabilities in the future in ways that does not require programming.

1 Like

I’m still using the 20.07.11 version, which included Text: HTML for the last time. And it still works perfectly… :v:

1 Like

But newer filters come with latest updates, you should use the text: html version for just texts and your favourite discontinued effects, and latest versions for newer features.

That’s a good idea, maybe I will do so in the more far future. :thinking: But above all it was more important to me to be able to keep the Text: HTML filter (especially for not losing older projects). The other filters on version 20.07.11 are completely sufficient for my purposes. :slightly_smiling_face: So thanx for the reply and stay negative! :mask:

1 Like

There are already many new features released in the alpha (beta?) release, First one is Deband and extra VUI Handles (You don’t need to download the VUI handles because there implemented in the alpha release 21.08), this version has a lot new features packed in it.