Playlist does not take clips

What is your operating system?
macOS Ventura 13.3.1a

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
In the former version I could add a timeline clip to the Playlist with CMD-C (copy) followed by a SHIFT-A (Append to playlist). Thus, I could collect say 20 files and then batch export the edited versions.

In the new/current version the SHIFT-A shortcut does not work. Also, the + and - buttons in the playlist tab seem to be greyed out and/or non-functional.

Lastly (probably being part of the problem), in the Export Tab I could formerly select (“Timeline”, “Everything on the Playlist”, “Source”). Now “Everything on the Playlist” is not there any more. Probably because the Playlist is empty (?)

So: How can I get the function back to append an edited track to the Playlist in order to batch export everything after being done with the edits?

Thanks!
Regards, Joe

Shift-A add the content in the Source viewer to the playlist, not the clip on the timeline AFAIK.
You can drag clips into to source viewer, set In and Out points and use shift A to add them to the play list.

Export for playlist is still there is you have something in the playlist

These things still works, and it did not change in this version.

If your Source player and Playlist are empty, you must first switch to the Source player tab. That’s all. Copy on timeline copies to the clip board and the source player, but the playlist does not yet see it until you switch to the source player.

Now “Everything on the Playlist” is not there any more. Probably because the Playlist is empty (?)

Of course something must be in the playlist to export from the playlist.

Just tested it, I works as expected

This topic was automatically closed after 89 days. New replies are no longer allowed.