Playheads and filters

I’m putting together a lockdown video involving for 20 musicians using shotcut. They have each sent me their video recording and I have been through each removing bad notes by using the mute filter in between the playhead markers. Then I’ve repositioned all the players with video filters to get all of them onscreen at once. But using the playhead means that the video filters after the muted parts are also removed. Is there a way of maintaining the video filters throughout the track even there are some mutings on the audio track?

I’m sorry @drmick but these two phrases are confusing.

1. removing bad notes by using the mute filter in between the playhead markers.
    What do you mean by playhead markers ? There is no marker tool in Shotcut. Do you mean cuts or splits instead ? That would make more sens.

2. But using the playhead means that the video filters after the muted parts are also removed.
    And what do you mean by using the playhead ? Does this mean cutting or splitting at the position of the playhead ?

I’m just guessing, but from what I understand, it looks like you are importing all your musicians videos at once in Shotcut, then edit the audio of each of these videos with multiple splits and adding mute filters. Ending up with 20 tracks or more with multiple clips on each one that you then try to synch with the music and position on the screen.

In my opinion, you should first start by editing each musician’s video individually. Make all the audio and visual corrections (color, brightness etc) needed, then export them as new cleaned copies that you will use in your main project.

That would save you a lot of head hakes in my opinion.

Thanks @MusicalBox. I’ve just done a couple of these, so I have yet to master ‘Shotcutese’! So thanks for struggling through and correctly identifying what I’m doing wrong.
And thanks even more for giving me what looks like a very sensible solution.
Cheers

1 Like

You’re welcome @drmick
You may find it takes time to prepare each video individually, but I think it’s worth it.

I’ve prepared a few audio tracks in the timeline and exported them individually but when I have played them it’s only one split that has been exported and not the whole track. Does this mean that I have to export each split in turn and then put each one back in sequence in the main project? Or is there a way of exporting the entire track with all the corrections?
Cheers

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.