Persistent Job Queue

Is there any configuration to make the job queue persistent?

First I try to explain my problem: My computer is not the most powerfull at all, so it takes serveral hours to process a set of videos. So I realy need and like the job queue: I like to prepare up to 20 videos in my job queue and let my computer work (mostly overnight).

Unfortunately shotcut is not stable enough to work like this. I happened more or less regulary, that I had prepared 15 videos in a row (so I open serveral raw mp4 files, removed leading or finishing parts of the video, added some filters, etc.) and then shot cut crashes … I have not a problem that a crash may happen. I have a problem, that all my work has been lost so far, because I do not find a way to restore the job queue by a simple click (…)

So my question is: is it possible to SAVE the job queue? Of course I know, that I could create a project for each video and save it. How ever this is not realy practical for me: once shot cut crashes, I have to reload all projects and have to fill the job queue manually again …

— sorry for my bad english :slight_smile:

no answer :frowning: (and some more characters to be added)

No, it is not available in Shotcut. You have to make your own batch or shell script using qmelt if you know what you are doing (lots of reading MLT docs).

1 Like

ok. that is a pity. I’ve already studied the documentation for a kind of option to feed qmelt with your xml files :slight_smile: But this however seems also not possible. No problem.

So I will close this thread. May be you may use my question as a feature request. Thank you for your support and your wonderfull program. have fun :smiley:

qmelt, a super slim Qt wrapper for melt, does read MLT XML files. However, by default it tries to play them, and you have to add a <consumer> element to the XML (right click a Shotcut export job and click View XML to see an example). Or, you need to add -consumer avformat:example.mp4 property1=value1 ... to specify a rendered and encoded file output. And that’s just scratching the surface of melt - the command line app for MLT, the engine of Shotcut.