Parallel Processing

Hello,
There are 3 jobs in the jobs list. One is being processed, the others are ‘waiting’ to the first one be finished, even Parallel Processing is checked but does not work.
Something wrong ?
Answers will be appreciated.
Thanks
Motim

It’s not a bug!
“Parallel Processing” means not doing jobs at the same time.
It uses multicore processing for the CPU when it’s checked on.

Not a bug. Like @DvS tried to explain, Parallel processing is about how an individual job is run. With parallel processing turned on, multiple threads do the image processing (i.e. filters, transitions, track blending). There is no way in the Shotcut UI to process multiple jobs at the same time because we try to maximize usage of the system (in a low priority manner ) in a single job. Many peoples’ machines already struggle to handle that. If you really want to run multiple jobs at the same time, you need to learn to use the command line, for which I do not provide assistance.

@shotcut, thanks for better explaination! :grinning:

Hello,
Thanks for the answers and explanations. What I was thinking about the “parallel…”
like in a program named “Format Factory”, it can process multiple jobs at the same time.
By the way, is there a way to stop a job temporarily so another job will be processed and then come back to the stopped one to continue ?
Thanks for the answers.
Motim

Yes, right-click the running job and choose Stop. Then, later, right click and choose Run.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.