Opening a video at a specific time

I’ve been building a simple sports highlight DB that currently in which a user can select a highlight clip entry and hit a View button that uses a shell cmd to call the VLC player and passes both a starttime and clip length parameters…VLC opens and plays the clip from the intended start point and the correct duration. Based on feedback, I would like to help the clipping process go faster so am looking to integrate Shotcut.
I found that I can call ShotCut and open a file via a command call like:
C:\Program Files\Shotcut\shotcut.exe “C:\Video\Surf Lessons-Tom.MP4”
Is there any “start time”, or some similar parameter/argument, that can bee added on?
ex. C:\Program Files\Shotcut\shotcut.exe “C:\Video\Surf Lessons-Tom.MP4” -start-time=395

No, but you can generate a MLT XML file, and pass that on the command line even if it is only a clip.
Here is a minimal XML that will work:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mlt>
  <producer id="producer0" in="00:00:10.000" out="00:01:37.571">
    <property name="resource">00108.MTS</property>
  </producer>
</mlt>

This example, sets the in point to 10 seconds. The out point is the clip duration minus one frame. Playback does not start at the in-point, however, and there is no way to make it do that. But, the user can easily seek to that.

Thank you for the feedback. I’ll play with this.

Thx
Tom

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.