No Text: html filter available

Xubuntu 20.04 with Shotcut 20.10.31 when trying to add a Text filter the option ‘html’ is not available. The only options available are Text: simple and Text: rich
How can I make :html available? (I want to produce rolling credits)

Duplicate:

Well, it’s the first line; Xubuntu 20.04, a 64bit operating system, I have installed shotcut version 20.10.31 via snap.
The problem: I want to add a text filter
With a clip in the timeline I select the clip, open the filters pane, hit the + and enter text in the search. The options I get are Text:simple and Text:rich nothing else.
From tutorials and documentation I know that there should be a lot more, like 3D text, html text and so on. At the moment I am particularly interested in html text since I want to produce rolling credits.

Please read the post that I linked - particularly the entry marked as the solution.

Ah, ok, sorry, my bad!

The solution you mention points to a windows version which I can’t use. Howver, I found out that my problem is related to the fact that html5 has been deprecated. Thus I seem to have to find another way to produce those credits. Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.