NMV by using Shotcut

Hi everyone, I use Shotcut to create this NMV. Enjoy.

Any ideas would be appreciated, especially about improving editing skills since I see so much users have beautiful videos made by Shotcut :smiley:

2 Likes

Now count yourself in that list.

1 Like

Hi @Conux_Nightcore

First of all, I’m curious to know what NMV means in this context. I found those definitions but I doubt any of them applies:
chrome_w30LfaZcDy

Also, if you don’t mind, I’d like to give you 2 tips concerning the use of the text filter.

1- Try to avoid making the text as wide as the screen.
Like in this screenshot:

You could use the 80/90% Safe Areas grid as a guide.
2021-08-07_23.16.24
Right-click the GIF and open it in another window to see it at 100% zoom

2- Bring the Outline thickness to 0 when the background is the same color as the Outline.
In the capture bellow we see white text on a black background, but because of the black outline, the text looks like it could use a good meal.

And here’s an before/after example:
2021-08-07_23.30.46
Right-click the GIF and open it in another window to see it at 100% zoom

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your advices!
For your question with NMV, it is maybe a kind of music video with effects used on image (I really don’t know how to explain it really clearly).

2 Likes

Thank you so much! What an honor :smiley:

1 Like

The only meaning I found about NMV in music is:-

The meaning of NMV abbreviation is No More Violence in Music.

1 Like

yea, i don’t really know, either :((

1 Like

Hey, thanks for nearly 30 views for my uploaded video. Maybe it seems small to other people but this number is really meaningful to me :smiley:
Anyway, if you want to see more videos edited by Shotcut then feel free to check out my channel. Most of them are created by using Audacity + Shotcut + GIMP so you can use it as a reference. (Uhm, a little of self-promotion so I hope that you would never mind about it)

2 Likes

I know it matters too much, because I lost my channel which could be monetized but I didn’t know monetize things of YouTube at that time and just forgot the password of the gmail. If I remembered it, than it would help me to get some money to save for buying a platinum for her. Maybe I need to spend myself some day for her. (I would reveal her name on the 20th post I create after this post, because she told me to do so, and obviously! Who could risk not accepting the order of his wife-to-be {Fiancé or Fionsí?}, I need to do whatever she says)

1 Like

Nightcore Music Video

Not to be confused with (although I believe many YouTubers will get it wrong) Anime Music Video (AMV) or Manga Music Video (MMV).

3 Likes

Well, thanks. We learn every day. Not my cup of tea, but hey, if the kids like it, let them have fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, but should we encourage their worst trends? We avoid giving them too much sweets, for example.
I was about to suggest “New Mawkish Video”, but more serious people have found the right answer before.

1 Like

Well, don’t worry, sir. I am a kind of people don’t follow most of the trends, but this is an exception since I love this type of editing video :slight_smile:

Well, I don’t know. What looks like an awful music trend to us old people is enjoyed by most of the young generation.

I remember my father hating the music I was listening to when I was a teenager.
“Turn it down!” “You really like that trash?” “This is not music!” (all of this in French) and so on.
Today, that trash is called classics

When I was young and my grandmother came, and I was listening to classical music, she told me, also in French, “Stop that mess”, because I listened to the organ or the orchestra with nearly the power they would have had in a church or a concert hall. Regardless of the style of music, this is the typical reaction of people who don’t like music in general, because they don’t understand that you can listen to it without doing anything else and that it takes up all the sound space in a room. But I still find it hard to believe that these mawkish, pink manga-like faces are really innovative.

1 Like

My father loved music :slight_smile: But he listened to Mireille Mathieux, Alain Barrière, Tom Jones, Roger Whittaker etc… That was a bit different from what I was listening: Genesis, Yes, King Crimson, Black Sabbath, Styx, Deep Purple etc…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.