Nice "SPIRIT" text effect

Hey folks, I’m a little excited with this “SPIRIT” text intro to my upcoming flute video which I just created!!! Short extract below … Anyone guess how I did it!? Seriously, I’ll be glad to explain if anyone’s interested. Hint - not too hard but I did rely on someone else’s genius to do it…

5 Likes

That is very nice indeed. I would really like to know how you did it. I spent 30 minutes juggling with filters, but couldn’t come up with the same effect. Is the Threshold filter involved at some point ?

1 Like

Looks great! It looks like you used a custom transition file, using either an image or video of grayscale lines.

1 Like

Oh no, sorry to give you a fruitless 30 mins! No, nothing to do with filters.
How I did the text: went to
https://codepen.io/umarcbs/pen/KKNvGXO

Typed “Together”, made a screen capture, repeated for “in” and “spirit” - result - 3 mp4s.
For each mp4 - crop out the edges, apply blend mode:add, stack them on v2, v3 and v4, then position/time them carefully.

Yes, the “line” transitions were a custom transition file. I’ll post it tomorrow if you’d like to see it.

1 Like

Ah! I see. Going immediately to my bookmarks :slight_smile:
This is a little bit like this online tool:

Neat. :slight_smile:

BTW that 30 minutes wasn’t fruitless. It made me discover one or two nice filter associations I never tried before. So thanks :+1:

2 Likes

Yes! Of course I’d love to see

Phew - I was feeling bad :wink:

OMG now that is BRILLIANT! I’ll be using that. Thanks a million, @musicalbox!

No probs, I’ll post it later. BTW it’s a custom file from movie maker I created following my tutorial :grinning:

1 Like

@bentacular , @MusicalBox and anyone else - here’s the “lines” transition mp4 matte custom file I used (which I “nicked” - er, I mean “borrowed” from Movie Maker) … :wink: I slowed it down to about 3 seconds duration…

2 Likes

Thank you @jonray !
This method of borrowing transitions from other softwares is very clever.
I also like the trick of dragging a copy of the transition file on a hidden track and use it as a guide for making the transition the right length. Works when using a mask to create the transition, but also when making the transition by sliding a clip over another one.
:+1:

1 Like

Thank you! This a great cinematic transition…might show up in my next vlog!

1 Like

No idea how you did it @jonray I’m guessing custom video transitions? Looks great!

1 Like

Hi @AVENUENIGHTS - thank you! Yes, it turned out great, I thought. I posted how I did it above in post #4 above. No worries if you didn’t see it!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.