New Version release notes

Almost every FOSS software I have installed shows what’s changing with the next version before you click the upgrade option. Audacity gives you a link to read more about the updates.

Examples:

My suggestion is to add a clickable link to the version notes you publish on the News section of the webiste, and/or a link to Github on the About Shoutcut’s window. This would eliminate one click or many clicks to find the GitHub page.

2023-12-17_15-58-00

Or have both links available in the Help section of Shotcut, and on the installer (if possible).

1 Like

This is actually what a click on the upgrade notice does: take you to the release notes page first.

Showing them in a window inside the application instead of opening a browser tab is not much different and will not actually help people to read them. I feel like you are just asking for a change because it is different than other applications when actually every one is different.

Why? It is not necessary to go to a GitHub page. Honestly, if one cannot use one of the existing web site links already in the Help menu and navigate the web site…

There are a lot of questions on this forum that would never need to be asked if people would read the release notes before asking the question. But I do not know if adding the release notes into the interface would cause more people to read them.