My Version of a Video/Slideshow

Made during “lockdown”. I created the video since my niece’s 21st was unfortunately cancelled, and based it on our (New Zealand) COVID-19 advertising campaign. The slideshow took quite a lot of time to create, especially since many of the photos required retouching before they even made it to the project. The niece likes purple and pink, which will become obvious!

NZ Advertising Example:

Thanks to:
@shotcut (and the developer team) for the great software.
@Elusien and @jonray for their code contributions, which I utilised frequently throughout.

11 Likes

Wow, a stunning slideshow packed with creative effects! Shows off the best of Shotcut’s effects and keyframing capabilities … BRAVO!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

What a treat that must have been for Mariah!! And thank you so much for using some of my effects so imaginatively. I’m well impressed!! Must have taken a long time, but every bit was worth it!!

Thanks for the kind words. The keyframing was indeed a lot of work, but well worth it in the end.

On my older machine running Linux (an AMD A6 with 8GB RAM and a 1GB Radeon graphics card) Shotcut performs quite well in general, but seems to dislike keyframing for some reason. That’s a price I’m prepared to pay since it requires a little bit of patience, but it’s the only downside I’ve discovered so far in an otherwise fantastic piece of software (and I put some, if not all of that down to the hardware/OS combination anyway).

What a lovely slideshow, your neice must have been so pleased with it. The photos are great and the different transitions that you use build up your curiosity as to what will be used next. It’s obvious that you put a lot of thought, time and effort into this project and the final result shows this. Well done.

1 Like

Thanks! As you can tell, although very new to Shotcut and video editing in general, I’ve developed a penchant for your WebVfx framework, and I’ll be sad to see it go.

Excellent video. An inspiration to do better on Shotcut.

Very impressive how you made all those effects with Shotcut! I wouldn’t even know where to begin, but you made a professional looking video! Kudos to you :clap:

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.