My new YouTube tutorial - Typewriter Text

For a bit of fun you might like to checkout this webpage:

https://uniqcode.com/typewriter/

It enables you to type as if on a typewriter, with different fonts, overtyping, correction ribbon, brokenness (i.e. how “wonky” the lines are), ink saturation, typing sounds etc.

2 Likes

Effectivement, c’est bien pensé et bien fait.
Je pense que certains pourraient nous faire une petite vidéo en enregistrant l’écran avec OBS ? puis en l’important dans SC

Indeed, it is well thought and well done.
I think that some people could make us a small video by recording the screen with OBS? and then importing it in SC

Muito bom! Parabéns

1 Like

Awesome tutorial. Very creative!

1 Like

Thank you! Obrigado!

Thank you very much!

Looks amazing - can’t wait to give it a whirl …

Hi all, im new. Regarding the typewritter effect, for me i just use the masking effect. Just copy the existing clip and apply the Simple Text. Place a Mask on top of the text and adjust the settings. By using keyframe, control the speed. Works for me.

2 Likes

Thank you Jonray. This is what I needed. But I think I am doing something wrong. When I open a document (I have tried with various programs) there is this vertical line like a cursor after each word or letter that I type. And when I do the screen recording, it also records that annoying vertical line at the end of each letter. Is there a way to eliminate that?
Thank you so much for your help.
Daniel

1 Like

Hi @dankhara - Thanks for your comments - glad you are making use of my tutorial. Unfortunately though I think all text editors have a blinking cursor and as far as I know it is difficult to find a solution to remove the cursor if you are using using my method.
HOWEVER, there is a way! Check out @elusien’s brilliant typewriter effect app:
http://www.elusien.co.uk/shotcut/resources/index.html#section_7

There is an option for removing the cursor!!

1 Like

No. Thank you for your easy to follow and comprehend tutorials. Very generous of you.