My laptop crashes while exporting video?

What is your operating system?
Windows 10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)? Is it 32-bit?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
(Please be specific and use the names as seen in Shotcut, preferably English. Include a screenshot or screen recording if you can. Also, you can attach logs from either View > Application Log or right-click a job and choose View Log.)
application log.txt (33.9 KB)

Assus Laptop Config DxDiag.txt (83.3 KB)

I did video of 7ming 25 seconds, combining of just only images (80+) , text and 10secs of intro video. Still unable to export it youtube format 1280 x 720 resolution with 23frames, GOP was 16. Also removed the images only put 1 disclaimer image, 10 sec intro video, 1 topic throughout the video and 1 like share image. Still unable to export it. Laptop freezes on 0 %, yesterday after updating somehow crossed to 91%, but today onwards it didn’t export. Please help me in this issue.

I have included my laptop config, please anyone help me in this regard, whether my laptop is capable enough or not for video editing? It is 2012 model.

Plz. plz.

The application log doesn’t show anything. It looks like you started Shortcut again after you had the problem, so any evidence got overwritten.

A lot of these problems are caused by lack of memory. Try shutting down and restarting your PC then do the export before you start any other apps, like browsers etc.

Another possibility is that you have a bad filter around the 91% mark. Try seeing if there is a filter at that point, delete it and try the export. If that works, then try reintroducing the filter.

Hi,

Still not able to do it. As per laptop configuration, could you please tell me whether my laptop is capable enough for video editing or not?

It depends what you are doing in your editing. Are you producing SD/HD/4K videos? Do you have lots of clips/tracks/filters applied?

The MINIMUM specifications as given in the FAQ section are:

Operating system: 64-bit Windows 7 - 11, Apple macOS 10.14 - 12., or 64-bit Linux with at least glibc 2.27.
CPU: x86-64 Intel or AMD; at least one 2 GHz core for SD, 4 cores for HD, and 8 cores for 4K.
GPU: OpenGL 2.0 that works correctly and is compatible. On Windows, you can also use a card with good, compatible DirectX 9 or 11 drivers. We do not have a list.
RAM: At least 4 GB for SD, 8 GB for HD, and 16 GB for 4K.

NOTE: If your computer is at the lower end of CPU and RAM requirements, you should use both the Preview Scaling and Proxy features to help reduce preview lag.

It is also useful to have an SSD rather than a disk.

This topic was automatically closed after 89 days. New replies are no longer allowed.