My First video.... about Nintendo Boxes

Aloha !

They always say your first YouTube video sucks… and the video I have made is certainly no exception to that rule. I did however think it was not ‘sucky enough’ to withhold it from the world.

It is a very simple video about creating reproduction boxes for Nintendo Gameboy games.
I still have my training wheels on. Making a production is hard work, WAYYYYY harder that I thought it to be initially.

I used the basic filters like “Fade in/out Video”, “Fade in/out Audio”, “Size, position & rotate”, “Cornerpins”, “Colour grading”, “Text: Rich”. A watermark and some scrolling text is present as well, gotta have some credits right ?

Anyway… without further adue here is my video :

Love to hear from you girls’n’guys what I can do better…

Cheeeeeeeeeeeers

Jecepede

5 Likes

This is false advertising! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: The video didn’t suck at all! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I really enjoyed it.
It’s informative (of course) with a touch of humour. The editing looked very professional and your overlaid animations are quite good. I particularly liked The ruuuuuuules. Displaying them as if they were printed on an old fashion dot matrix printer was a nice touch.

I also appreciate the quality of your camera. No struggles with the auto-focus, like we often see in DIY (and other) videos.

The sound quality is also very good. Your voice comes out very clearly and there is no background noise. At one point though, from one scene to the next, the sound is completely different. Not a big thing, but it’s noticeable.

The credits at the end are a bit too small and were scrolling too fast, making it difficult to read the text without pausing the video. But maybe that was intentional.

I subscribed to your channel. I love DIY videos and I hope you’ll make more.

Well done.

2 Likes

Agree with @MusicalBox, this is a great video, very well done, keep up the good work

Aloha !

Thank you for all your kind words. I did learn from your feedback. :grin:

Ohhmyyyy the autofocus was driving me crazy. Finally I read the manual of my camera (yes, I know, reading is for losers :stuck_out_tongue:) and found out it had an override to basically lock the focus.
I use my laptop as a monitor so this setting was a simple mouseclick away :+1:

The sound is weird indeed . I have no idea what happened here but at least it taught me to check the recordings briefly before I move on to other scenes.

Credits are a bit small and fast. That was not intentional, I do not know how that happened.
Hmmm guess I did not really pay attention to how it scooted over the screen. :roll_eyes:

And speaking about scooting. I’m going to install one of those free teleprompters on an Android phone. I am terrible at ad-libbing and reading of a piece paper doest work either. I keep skipping lines, mix up words etc…

Anyway… I am going to make more videos. I had a lot of fun making this one and I have a tonne of idea’s.
Already busy with writing a script for my next one. It will take a few months due to the fact I need to order some parts which will take weeks-and-weeks to arrive and on top of that, I have only my weekends to actually film anything…

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Jecepede

Well, that is one point I forgot to mention. I may be wrong, but the narration seems to be live (recorded at the same time as the video) and that was another thing that impressed me: How effortlessly you describe with tons of details all that you are actually doing on camera.

Your video looks very fresh and neat. It’s really great!!! The view angle selection is also very comfortable for the viewer.

Aloha !

@MusicalBox Most of my dialog was pre scripted. I had printed out the text on small papers and was just reading everything. To make it really sound smooth (I make some stupid errors like “on my desk” in stead of “above my desk” when spraying the glue) I really need an autoprompter.

By the way, I found your YouTube channel. Im am surely going to view all your tutorial vids.
Btw, I love the “Horizontal Flip Transition” you did…

@SallySunny Thank you for the compliment.
I tried a ‘look down’ approach so the viewer sees what I see when I’m working. My hope was that this way a viewer would me more or less sucked into the action as if they were working along side of me.

Cheeeeeeeeeers

Jecepede

1 Like

Hi @jecepede - I loved your video!! Fresh, fast paced with great video effects. I know how much work must have gone into it … and you made it look easy!! Bravo!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.