Must Shotcut need a graphic card to run?

I only have Intel ® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family.
When I try to run ShotCut, I get this

Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat(version 2.0, options QFlags(), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize -1, greenBufferSize -1, blueBufferSize -1, alphaBufferSize -1, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior 2, swapInterval 1, profile 0) .
This is most likely caused by not having the necessary graphics drivers installed.

Install a driver providing OpenGL 2.0 or higher, or, if this is not possible, make sure the ANGLE Open GL ES 2.0 emulation libraries (libEGL.dll, libGLESv2.dll and d3dcompiler_*.dll) are available in the application executable’s directory or in a location listed in PATH.

I am using Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4500@2.20GHz

Installed memory RAM is 2GB

64bit OS

I know my spec is below the min requirement. But my question is does my Intel ® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family run ShotCut?

If not, what should I do/buy?

Your system is not going to work with Shotcut and if it did, it would be a very frustrating experience using it. If all you are doing is a small bit of editing clips, merging clips etc. any modern laptop will do. If you want to do some serious editing, using multiple tracks and multiple filters then you’d be better off with a desktop. You haven’t given any idea of what your budget is. Just google things like “best budget PC for video editing” for example to get some ideas. Also search this forum e.g. for “recommend PC”.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.