Music generation in Shotcut

How you can use Shotcut for other purposes. Thanks to the built-in tone and noise generator, you can quite accurately recreate one well-known musical composition.
p.s. This is a pretty crazy experiment, and this program is clearly not designed for this, but if it’s very boring, then you can :laughing:

Generate Music.zip (7.6 KB)

8 Likes

Mad respect!

3 Likes

Wow, that is pretty awesome. How the hell did you do it - and how long did it take? There are some complex rhythms in there - triplets and all! Fantastically creative! Bravo…

PS thanks for the zip. I will analyse it!

1 Like

It took me several hours. I had to write all the notes as separate frequencies, it’s quite long, but it’s funny)

1 Like

I’m not surprised it took you several hours!

Good lord, that is CLEVER. And you must be musically trained to do that. Big respect.

2 Likes

My main profession is a sound engineer. I just wondered what my favorite video editor is capable of in terms of sound.

1 Like

This is awesome!
I always considered myself as a patient person that can survive the most tedious tasks…
You are on another level.
Mad respect indeed!

2 Likes

Just when you think you’ve seen it all on this forum, someone else (much cleverer than I!) pops up with something and I think, “wow, would never have even thought of the idea let alone worked out how to do it!!” Kudos to you!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.