Multiple Clips Same Filters

Hi all

In need of some ideas.
I have about 20 clips (same codec different lengths) which I need to apply the same 7 or 8 filters to.

It will be rather tedious to redo each one everytime.
Also thought about modifying the .mlt file but that is quite error prone as so many places to change name and duration of clip.
Also noticed that the mlt file uses HH:MM:SS:FF in some places and HH:MM:SS.milliseconds in others.
Not a problem but also time consuming to convert frames to multiples of 40mS (in my case as using 25fps).

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Paul

1 Like

Are those 20 clips all for the same one project or is each meant to be transcoded individually?

Transcoded individually.

Is each going to have its own unique editing?

No, same filters applied to the whole length of the clip.

So how about taking one of the clips, applying all of the filters you want, save the mlt project file then transcode it. After doing that, take the source clip and either move it out of the folder you have it in or change the name of the file. Then open the mlt project file. When Shotcut tells you it can’t find the source clip, pick the next clip you want to transcode. Shotcut should take that clip and apply all of the same filters with the same settings on that new clip. Then you transcode that clip. If it works then from there it should be just rinse and repeat. :slight_smile:

Or was that more or less what you were talking about here?

Also thought about modifying the .mlt file but that is quite error prone as so many places to change name and duration of clip.

Thanks @DRM
Your idea about moving the clip out of the folder and wait for it to complain and pointing it to the next one might just do the trick.

Will give it a try and report back.

1 Like

Use Copy and Paste buttons at the bottom of the Filters panel. They stay on the clipboard even if you load a new clip into the Source player. In case you worry about needing to restart, then save one as single file MLT XML project, copy, open a new clip, paste, export, etc.

@shotcut

Brilliant, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.