Mouse lag with G-SYNC

Hello,

My mouse is stuttering when moving around. No project or video is loaded. I used the portable version and tried the windows installer but I got the same results.

I always have windowed and full screen mode activated in my NVIDIA G-SYNC settings. When I deactivate G-SYNC completely the stuttering disappears.

I never had this problems with my old system (i7-8700K, 1080TI, Win10).

My current specs:
Mainboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z790-F Gaming WiFi
CPU: i9-13900K
GPU: 4090
(water cooled, custom build)
RAM: 64GB (G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB, DDR5-6400)
SSD: Samsung 980 PRO Series (600GB free space)
2x ASUS 27" monitors.
Windows 11 Pro (23H2)

It happened to me a long time ago, I guess windows was the culprit, I don’t exactly remember. You can either try upgrading your gpu drivers or windows directly. Maybe reinstall shotcut? I don’t think reinstalling shotcut would solve it, but it’s worth a try.

If that doesn’t not resolve it, then you can further post so people here can see what’s the problem and maybe find a solution.

Btw, G-Sync only works on video games that render at variable frame rates, as it can prevent frame tearing when the frames being rendered can’t evenly divide into 60hz (or whatever refresh rate you are using). The monitor is able to speed up or slow down its refresh rate in sync with how fast the game is able to render them. For video, it does nothing. So disabling gsync is the solution maybe.

I’d really like to know if other users have to disable G-SYNC as well.

Reinstall Win11 is not an option. I’m glad everything else is running good. :smiley:

:bulb: OK… I did following:

I added Shotcut manually in the NVIDIA 3D-settings and deactivated G-SYNC for this app. I started Shotcut and everything is running smooth.

2 Likes

I said to just update, not re-install. Perhaps you misunderstood :sweat_smile:

It runs fine for me with G-SYNC, my problem was resolved with a windows update. I also did a gpu driver update before opening shotcut.

Exactly what I meant by saying to disable gsync. It doesn’t do much anyways in video editing.