Modifying the audio fadeout filter's properties?

I am new to Shotcut and would appreciate anyone’s advice on whether it’s possible to vary the properties of the audio fade-out feature and, if so, how. There are two aspects to what I’m trying to do.

1. The first thing I’d like to do is fade the audio more quickly at the beginning of a fade-out interval and more gradually at the end as compared to how the audio fade-out filter seems to operate. But I can’t find a way to change the audio fade-out filter’s properties (other than to vary the length of the fade, which I have set and don’t want to change). Is what I want to do possible?

2. The other thing I’d like to do is to fade an audio clip to a predefined level other than zero (e.g., fade by -3 db to match the audio level of a subsequent clip). I’d also like to be able to increase the audio at the end of a clip to a predefined level (e.g., increase by 3 db). I can’t find a way to do this.

Thanks, all.

You can do both 1 and 2 by using the gain filter and key framing it.

Here’s a tutorial for using key frames with the gain filter. Fade out audio . . . to a point, not to silence

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.