I have a some video (mp4), size 2048 x 1080. Is it possible to resize it to 1280 x 720. I know I’ll have to cut away some small parts on both sides of the frame, but I do not know if I can do it with “Shotcut”. If yes, a small guide will be helpful.
Answers will be appreciated.
Shotcut version 19.12.31
You should be able to find what you need from these threads, using different numbers of course:
All you have to do is
- Open an empty instance of Shotcut
- Go to Settings > View Mode > Custom > Add
- Create a New Custom Video Mode with 1280 X 720
- Click OK
- Close Shotcut
- Open Shotcut again and drag the MP4 file into it
- Any cropping issues may be fixed using the Rotate and Scale filter, using the “Scale” function.
There is 720p presets (1280x720)
Thanks for the answer. So simple. Only had to add “Crop >Source>Center” filter, to remove black margins at the top and bottom of the picture.