Misalignment of video and audio upon export

Stumped…

Am new here… Was feeling confident in my first attempts…

However… Subsequent to creating a project from a single video source and a single audio source, I have exported and uploaded to youtube, to find the video and the audio are not in sync…

Dig a little digging, found people generally saying, variable frame rate, or, variable frame rate, and then, variable frame rate…

So i converted the original video file (came in as .MOV) and went back to work… I must say, I preferred the quality of the video, but I got the same result…

More reading…

I subsequently selected the “H.264 Main Profile” export profile…

Same result… Out of sync…

I will note, that straight up playing the exported files in VLC yields an unfettered result, but sucking any of them into youtube shifts the video or the audio…

I never experienced this when I was using iMovie…

I figure this must be bread and butter stuff: compile video, export, upload…

How, do you suppose, I can get this over the line…?

yours in anticipation,

Stuart.

Further… I’ll note that, despite having a fixed frame rate of 30 FPS for the video file, importing the exported file (.MP4) back into shotcut, for playback, checking the framerate on the video file reports 29.947928 FPS…

Now… how did that happen…?

When you first use Shotcut, it starts you with “Automatic” Video Mode unless you set it manually. Video Mode settings are highly critical in any video editing software.

I’m only guessing you didn’t change the Video Mode once you converted the video to Edit Friendly within Shotcut. Go to SettingsVideo Mode to change it. You probably will need to verify all edits once the new video mode is set.

Unless you have a very specific need, Default is good for an Export Preset.

Got it… thanks…

I’m going in to do that and the whole export/upload process again…

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.