Minor Improvements for Shotcut

These minor improvements maybe unnecessary, but I’ll suggest them anyway.

Multi-Colored tracks.

Mouse track multiple selection.

1. изображение
    Audio files preview instead of white icons.

4.изображение
Changing track speed by Pressing Ctrl and dragging ( Or other Key Combinations )

5.изображение
Markers.

Sorry if I suggested some things that someone already suggested before.

1 Like

Neat idea, but what would be the purpose?

I think this has been suggested before. But it doesn’t hurt to add your support.

Do you mean in the timeline or the playlist? Another neat idea. But I wonder how it would help. The timeline already shows an audio waveform. And a waveform as small as the thumbnail would be very small.

Do you mean the speed of the preview player? Or the speed property of the clip?

This is on the roadmap and if all goes well it will be released next year.

1 Like

In Cubase, I use multi-color tracks to flag sections that still need work. It’s helpful if I’m working on a long project and step away for a few days, then come back wondering what’s left to do or where I left off. I also use it to flag where a clip needs to be re-recorded and substituted before the final export. Very useful when juggling multiple projects… less to remember in my head, and zero chance of exporting before all the substitutions are done.

In Shotcut, it could also be handy as a signaling method between multiple people who are working on the same project file. Currently, my wife will do the editing and then I follow with sound design, and we switch back and forth until it’s done. We leave written notes with time stamps for each other at the moment. Colored tracks could eliminate some of that.

4 Likes

Hi, Multi-Colored Tracks can be useful for identifying specific tracks on the timeline, and I just like to customize things.

In the playlist. I just don’t like empty white thumbnail for audio files.

Speed property of the clip. It would be much faster and simpler to edit clips and not going to the properties menu every time.

OK. I see. Could maybe be a speaker icon or something similar as well.

OK. I understand. It would also save from doing some math to figure out what speed to enter to achieve a specific duration. I will keep this idea in mind. Early next year we will have a new keyframable speed feature which might help with this workflow a little bit.

1 Like