Minimalism in shotcut

this is a very minimalistic program, is it not? there are no drop down, green screen, or panning effects, there are simple cross fade transitions, fade ins, and fade outs, is there something I’m missing? please help, i enjoy that shotcut is free but idk if a YouTuber can grow editing videos with such a minimalistic programs, thank you in advance for the feedback

Yes, you’re missing a lot.
There is chroma key (for green screen purposes) and there are many transitions available.
See the transition Properties tab
See this thread ► Only one transition option now. Why? - #4 by Steve_Ledger

There is no key-frames so panning is not yet possible.

If you want something with much more (and a higher learning curve) then try Davinci Resolve. The free version has 90% of the features of the full version.

As a final thought, I would spend more time familiarizing yourself with the program before leveling any criticism. View the video tutorials on this site and look at more on YouTube. You can do a lot with Shotcut.

listen bro, this is the 21st century if u think im going to waste my precious ass time getting familiar with this communist program you’ve been sadly mistaken, and davinci resolve is SOO much better thnk u for the feedback tho!

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out…bro.

1 Like

This one was … WOOOWWW .

Wow, this Ben is a new phenomena for me and I thought I’d seen everything in 30 years with web forums.

My first thought was this was like a car jacking - you stop to help someone on the roadway and they hold you up and take your car.

But in this case you stop to help a forum member and they insult you. It’s almost like a sucker punch.

Of course we should have know - since Ben started out with an uninformed insult in his first post.

Hope this type of driveby insulting isn’t the latest trend on the web and just a passing fad.

1 Like

Edit ///
I erase the post. Steve is right. No point bumping it…

This thread should be closed. It is of no benefit to anyone, so please stop bumping it.