Memory leak while "Load Keyframes from Motion Tracker"

What is your operating system?
Windows 10

What is your Shotcut version (see Help > About Shotcut)?

Can you repeat the problem? If so, what are the steps?
Clip FHD about 2 minutes long. Motion Tracker analyze MOSSE (but it does not matter which method is used). Then use Spot Remover and I click “Load Keyframes from Motion Tracker”, I choose proper analyze. While processing Keyframes: RAM and swapp memory usage increase drastically, up to 16GB and more. Sometimes it crashes because low memory, sometimes it takes even 20 minutes to create Keyframe for 2 min clip.

This is fixed for the next version 23.09. The fix applies also to

• Crop: Rectangle
  • GPS Text
  • Size, Position & Rotate
  • Size & Position (GPU)
  • Spot Remover
  • Text: Rich
  • Text: Simple
  • Timer

Also, as a result, it is massively faster (loading keyframes, the motion tracking analysis is unchanged).

3 Likes

Thank you, and thanks for your work!

I have almost the same problem, I take a video clip, run the motion tracker, watch the preview, the green box works great. Then I add size and position filter, and when I click load keyframes from motion tracker, it hangs. There would seem to be another window opening, but i cannot see it, just the bottom taskbar shows 2 things for shotcut. I tried uninstalling it, and reinstalled from the microsoft store after reboot. same problem. Although the memory seems to be fine. Using version 23.09.29