Massive inconsistencies in file sizes and export times

Hi, I’ve been trying to learn how to use Shotcut for adding static graphics at the beginning and end of recordings i took using Streamlabs OBS, however i find incredible high inconsistencies even when using the exact same recording settings in slobs and the exact same video/codec settings in Shotcut.

a video i took yesterday took 40-ish minutes to complete and ended up being roughly the same file size. a video i took today, again, exactly the same settings on everything, is taking 4+ hours and the size is over 20 times the original file and it’s not even finished.

my recording settings in slobs are:

1080p@60fps(no downscaling)
format: mp4
Encoder: NVENC
Rate Control: CQP 6
Keyframe Interval: 0(auto)
Preset: high quality
Profile: high

and the video/codec settings in shotcut are:
preset youtube BUT:
res: 1920*1080
fps: 60
interpolation: Lanczos (same as slobs)
quality: 90%
GOP: 30
b-frames: 3

the original file is 8.36 GB, 0:12:26 long. the other files range from 6 to 10 GB and have similar lengths, the added graphics are 600kb jpg, same i’ve used on all other videos with no problem.

again, those are the settings that work fine for me but for some reason, today, in this one particular video it’s taking several hours instead of under 1 and the file size is massive.

can anyone tell me if it’s a shotcut glitch, if anyone has been finding that same problem or something? i mean, it makes no sense to me. the file is not corrupted at any point. watched it all on vlc and mpchc looking for anything funny

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.