Lower third

Hey everyone, I’m relatively new to video production, and I’ve been hearing a lot about something called “lower third.” Can someone please explain what it is and how it can be useful in videos? Any examples or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

The graphic used on a News type video which usually has a channel ident, persons name, persons job or a headline etc.

All of the graphic overlays that @st599 described tend to cover up the “lower third” of the screen. Hence the name. Stock tickers and “breaking news” scrollers could be added to that list as well.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.