Lost Size and Position coordinates

Here is a second issues: I like to put in images and resize them.

After quitting (were SC usually crashes) I reopen file, and have to repair the file, and then all image coordinates are lost or screwed up.

So I have to do things again and again and again and I never get to the end of it

MacOS 10.12.6, Language German, ShotCut 17-09-04 and previous versions.

Do you press ‘Save’ often as you edit? This ensures the .mlt (project file) is as up to date as the last action before the action which caused the hang.

yes I do, maybe not after each and every edit, but often. Its actually not hanging, rather, when I open the file again, despite saving, the coordinates are gone or screwed up; being -19992 or so.

Can you check if there is a language problem again? Had this when the slo motion wasnt working properly, you guys found that there was a mix up with comma and dot (since I am using German vesrion). Kind of Excel can mix up things.

best

Sorry, I’m not a Shotcut dev… Just a user like yourself :wink:

I guess I trim an resize pics to the video format in Photoshop, so I dont need to use this command. Some how I do have the impression, that the used langue of Shotcut and macOS has more impact than it should … Talking like Scotty when he told Spock, that the Enterprise doesnt feel well.

My workaround, to use ONLY propperly dimensioned JPGs works, so I gave up the size and position filters for photos.

But they were planned to be ok for JPGs??

You mean when you place a clip or picture on the left and it ends up on the right somehow correct? because im having the same issue…ive been using an old version of shotcut for a long time so i know its nothing im doing wrong but when i updated size and position started acting buggy

This is an old post, and there were decimal point fixes for Shotcut on macOS since Sept 2017. Closing it now.